Thursday, March 26, 2009

More on Durban

The Durban Disaster is on its way to becoming another UN event hijacked by Islamic Nations.  Today, the UN Human Rights group approved a resolution sponsored by Islamic nations, led by Pakistan, that essentially attempts to prevent any criticism of religion.  It is basically aimed at 'protecting' Islam, although Islam is not singled-out for attention.

Fundamentalism in general and radical Islam in specific representing the threat.  We ignore this threat at our own peril.  Need more proof?

There are reports today--I believe confirmed--that Israel bombed an shipment of arms en route from the Sudan to the Gaza Strip.  Who supplied the arms?  Iran.  So, you have one group of Islamic fanatics sending a significant amount of arms--rockets said to be capable of reaching Tel Aviv from Gaza--to another group of Islamic fundamentalists and on to a third group.  Anyone see a problem with this?

1 comment:

  1. Tom Steinmetz8:54 AM

    Passover Mishigas

    As one of Har Shalom's non-Jewish members, I have a different prospective on passover traditions. Until I married my wife, I knew nothing about Jewish traditions, and in fact, I don't know too much about Christian religious traditions since my parents weren't religious. We celebrated Christmas without much religious content.

    There are many people who feel more comfortable and fulfilled leading their lives according to strict and numerous rules. And for some, the more rules that they follow, the more fulfilled they are. I am not one of those people, but our daughter has adopted veganism. Her dietary rules are much stricter than those who keep Kosher. She eats no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, honey or anything that comes from animals. She doesn't wear leather.

    Right or wrong? I don't think that it is right or wrong to choose a lifestyle that follows rules. But I believe that it is wrong to look down on others that do not adopt the same rules. Religious persecution has been an ugly part of man's history. Unfortunately, it is alive and well today. The Taliban comes to mind, but the list is a lot longer if we include all the sects that are warring in the middle east and elsewhere.

    Last night, we had a wonderful passover Seder. We read from the haggadah (I read in English). We drank wine, we ate bitter herbs, and we ate matzo. We enjoyed family. I don't think that we followed all the rules, but we followed some of them. Tonight, we're doing it again.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.